Our Lady of the Wayside’s Pathways Program offers day services for adults with developmental disabilities with a focus on community integration for participants through a variety of activities and programs. Established in 2011, the Pathways Program:
· Offers innovative day programming designed for consumers who flourish in environment that provides more dedicated supervision and assistant than traditional day program or workshop settings. With a goal of enhancing daily living skills, developing social connections and cultivating self-confidence and individual interests, The Wayside’s Pathways Day Program is ideal for individuals who enjoy interaction with peers and the community at large.
· Enables participants to take part in an assortment of instructional in-house activities, including exercise, crafts, cooking, puzzles and games.
· Offers a wide-range of community-based outings that are designed for social integration, including: music lessons, libraries, bowling, Metroparks excursions, museums and visits to area attractions and sporting events.
· Provides opportunities for participants to volunteer their time through The Wayside's Giving Back to the Community Program.
· Is available in four (4) locations - Westlake, Valley View, Garfield Heights and Mentor.
· In addition to a regular roster of community-based cultural, recreational and fitness-focused destinations, Our Lady of the Wayside’s Pathways Program also offers a full menu of on-site learning opportunities in the areas of health and fitness, personal care, music participation, and “Math at the Path” classes - what some fondly call “Wayside University”.
The Pathways Program Philosophy
We believe we are the creators of opportunity for the individuals we have the privilege to serve. Opportunities that include greater independence, greater involvement in integrated community settings and greater potential for living fulfilling lives. We accept challenges and find solutions. We believe that no one benefits from an opportunity they never had.
For more information regarding Pathways, please call 440.934.6007.