Established in 2011, the Pathways Day Program:
- Offers innovative day programming designed for individuals who flourish in environment that provides more dedicated supervision and assistant than traditional day program or workshop settings. With a goal of enhancing daily living skills, developing social connections, cultivating self-confidence and individual interests, Wayside’s Pathways Day Program is ideal for people who enjoy interaction with peers and the community at large.
- Enables participants to take part in an assortment of instructional in-house activities, including exercise, crafts, cooking, puzzles and games.
- Offers a wide-range of community-based outings that are designed for social integration, including: music lessons, libraries, bowling, Metroparks excursions, museums and visits to area attractions and sporting events.
- Provides opportunities for participants to volunteer their time through The Wayside's Giving Back to the Community Program.
- Is available in four (4) locations - Westlake, Valley View, Garfield Heights and Mentor.
- In addition to a regular roster of community-based cultural, recreational and fitness-focused destinations, Our Lady of the Wayside’s Pathways Program also offers a full menu of on-site coaching in the areas of health and fitness, personal care, music participation, computer training, and other continuing education opportunities.
The Pathways Program Philosophy
We believe we are the creators of opportunity for the individuals we have the privilege to serve. Opportunities that include greater independence, greater involvement in integrated community settings and greater potential for living fulfilling lives. We accept challenges and find solutions. We believe that no one benefits from an opportunity they never had.
For more information regarding Wayside's Pathways Day Program, please call 440.934.6007.