The ability to be mobile is critically important to our consumers, it allows them to participate in their community and realize their individual goals, leading to greater opportunities. The Wayside is unique in providing safe, reliable transportation by having a specially modified van at each of our homes.
- The Wayside’s Transportation Program provides the best standard and care for transporting children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- The agency owns and maintains a fleet of 150 vehicles, specially modified to transport individuals with a variety of disabilities.
- Vans transport consumers to a variety of activities, including: work, school, medical appointments, Wayside activities, Pathways Program, day trips, social outings and family visits.
- Vehicles are maintained by certified mechanics, are on a maintenance schedule, monitored through GPS and insured.
- Vehicles are driven by staff who are certified through The Wayside and are insured to drive specially modified vehicles.
- Individuals throughout the community can access our transportation services through The Wayside or the Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain, Geauga, Medina, Summit or Trumbull County Boards of Developmental Disabilities.
- The program provides transportation to The Pathways Day Program for all-campus activities and offers daily transport for each consumer who participates.