OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE
Over four decades ago, it all started with the littlest ones, infants and children came to us first at The Wayside Home. They were small, vulnerable and of course beautiful. Before you knew it, the place was filled with kids and bursting at the seams, so we developed the Guadalupe Home. Then it became time to enable the people we care for to take their place in the community in homes of their own. In essence, Our Lady of the Wayside’s story is the story of a growing family.
Today, the agency has grown to accommodate the individuals we serve with a Family of Services which include:
- Supporting 500 children and adults with developmental disabilities
- Managing over 50 homes in 30 communities throughout Cuyahoga and Lorain counties
- Operating a transportation fleet of 75 vehicles
- Becoming a major regional employer with 500 staff
- Pioneering The Pathways Program, an innovative Day Program for adults with developmental disabilities
Over the years, strong professional bonds have been made with like-minded organizations including (but not limited to) Lorain County Board of Developmental Disabilities and Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (CCBDD).
The Wayside is proud of its dynamic and extensive Family of Services. However, our compassion for and commitment to each person we serve makes us prouder still of the ever growing family of the individuals we support.